Sunday, July 24, 2011

One More Day!!

Excitement is coursing through my veins!  I have waited to do this trip for three years.  Something always came up and derailed me--not this time!  I am counting down the hours before I leave. Today, I  mapped out each leg of the ride, including the towns I most likely will use as rest stops.  I'm planning to rest every 20-25 miles--well, not rest, but eat some food for energy and amp up with cold beverages.  I also double checked my B&B reservations.  Dion will be arriving first at each lovely Bed & Breakfast in the trusty Jeep.  He will have to wait patiently for me to chug chug chug in.  I bought new bike clothes to start my journey, including cushy bike pants that make me look as if I have a load in my pants.  I wasn't too excited by them, but I'm sure that will change by mile 35 tomorrow!  I've also spent hours today Google mapping the trip and coordinating it all with paper maps and a bright yellow marker. I will have a cell phone, camera and maps but no GPS.  I don't want this to be too easy!  I wonder what's in store as I ride to Whitehall, New York tomorrow.  Whitehall is located at the very edge of Lake Champlain at the border of Vermont.  I'm going off to bed now to rest up and pray for sunshine and no flat tires.  

No comments:

Post a Comment