Saturday, July 23, 2011

Garlic, Wine and Gourmet Food in Fly Creek, New York!

I enjoyed short (15 mile) rides this weekend before resting all day tomorrow for the BIG START on Monday to Montreal.  And I couldn't think of a better way to end my training than to ride around Lake Canadarago (hint hint--the word Canada is in the name) and then stop off in Fly Creek, New York, home of Fly Creek Cider Mill.  The Mill had fresh pressed apple cider (I drank a perfect ice cold glass) and a large gourmet food store selling homemade fudge (I bought 1/2 pound of Heath Bar Toffee), and even its own rose wine (12% alcohol) which I sipped and grabbed a bottle to take home.  Riding lakeside, I encountered Jeanie selling yummy garlic, squash, zucchini and other farm fresh vegetables she had personally grown (organically) on the farm right next to her stand.  I couldn't resist and bought garlic and the largest zucchini I could fit into my bike bag.  It's now being grilled by Dion and I'm waiting patiently to enjoy it with the wine and fudge!  Now this is what I call a bike ride! 

1 comment: