Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lake Otsego, Cooperstown, NY

Today I am heading up to beautiful Lake Ostego in Cooperstown, NY to ride its circumference of 31 miles.  So far, I've been doing 24 mile rides from Oneonta, NY to Cooperstown, NY, enjoying scenes of rivers, hills, cows and fields of grass and corn.  Each time I arrived in Cooperstown, I would sit at outdoor cafes and drink wine and eat panini sandwiches of mozzarella cheese and ruby red tomatoes and pretend that I wasn't actually training for anything special, but just out for a lovely spin.  I would call Brandt or Dion to come pick me up in the Jeep and carry me and my bike home.  But now, there's only 2 weeks left before I start my 4 day ride to Montreal, so I have to get serious.  Today's lake ride is the beginning.   It follows Route 80 around Lake Otsego and I expect rolling hills, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment